GSA Network offers GSA Leadership Trainings and Summits for youth activists throughout California. We are also available to visit your school if your Gay-Straight Alliance club needs specialized training on specific topics.
GSA Leadership Trainings and Summits bring together GSA activists from many different schools, allowing them to network and build the GSA movement in their region. High school students trained by GSA Network lead the workshops. Summits are open to middle and high school students, advisors, and teachers.
Topics are constantly evolving to address many different issues affecting LGBT students and their communities. Topics include:
- How to run GSA meetings
- Outreach, membership building, coalitions, and diversity
- Understanding gender identity/expression and sexual orientation
- Understanding laws that protect LGBTQ youth in schools
- Taking action against slurs, harassment, and discrimination in schools
- Launching a campaign at school to create change
GSA Network's SoCal #WerkItTour is here!
GSA SoCal #WerkItTour Dates are now OUT!
Long Beach: Saturday, Nov. 22nd
Oceanside: Saturday, Dec. 6th
Boyle Heights: Saturday, Dec 13th
Can’t make it to a leadership training or summit? Need GSA Network to visit your school?
GSA Network staff members are available to assist GSA clubs in middle and high schools throughout California by providing personalized, informative trainings and site visits on campus, during or after school.
School Site Trainings and Site Visits help students to:
- Increase participation in their GSA club
- Run effective, exciting GSA club meetings
- Share resources and network with other GSA clubs
- Fight discrimination at their school
- Plan successful events
To request a school site training or site visit, contact the program coordinator in your region. Contact us now .