GSA Network develops youth leaders in the GSA movement. GSA Network’s leadership training programs give youth the skills to effectively run GSAs. With the skills they gain at GSA Network’s events, GSA youth leaders are changing their schools and communities.
The training we provide empowers youth to play a key role in the greater LGBT movement and other social justice movements.
GSA Network provides a variety of training opportunities to help students learn skills to become strong, powerful GSA leaders. GSA Network believes in youth leadership and youth empowerment. Youth lead our workshops and trainings. Youth help run the programs through our Youth Councils and Statewide Advocacy Council. Youth also serve on our Board of Directors.
Trainings & Events
- Conferences – Planned by youth for youth, our conferences are a great place to get networked, learn core leadership skills and pick up new resources.
- Leadership Trainings & Summits – Organized in a region near you, our leadership trainings and GSA summits are day-long opportunities to meet other leaders and get trained in GSA organizing skills so that you can combat homophobia and transphobia at your school.
- Activist Camps – Our intensive 3-day summer camp for GSA activists teaches GSA organizing and activism skills in an anti-oppression, social justice context.
Student Leadership Opportunities
- Youth Council – Become a leader of the GSA movement in California. Get support for your GSA activism, help guide GSA Network’s programs, and become a youth trainer.
- Statewide Advocacy Council – Become a policy advocate and youth leader for safe schools in California. Learn advocacy skills to create change in your school and transform California’s laws and policies to make every school safer for LGBTQ youth.